Friday, June 12, 2015

LinkedIn

I have been a part of LinkedIn for many years now and have never fully utilized it,  I would check in once in awhile and saw it as a good networking tool but I never fully realized how good it is.  Since I have done it for this class and have spent more time on it I have learned a lot.  I am getting invatations to groups and to join people that I had never really heard from.  Most of them have been from organizations that I am very interested in so I am seeing that it really works.  Not sure still how they are finding me but they are and I like that.

At this point I am not looking for a job, but it is always good to see what is out there and what employers are looking for to give me a step up when I do start looking for a job in the field.  There is just so much more to LinkedIn than I had originally discovered and it looks like it is going to be a lot of fun.  My network has really broadened since I have focused on it for this class and its fun to see what is out there. #techhrd

1 comment:

  1. I, too, learned about the LinkedIn groups from this week's assignments. I can definitely see how groups fill in the gaps between job seeker and recruiter by providing support and networking opportunities for those of us who don't fit into either category. Thanks for reminding me of this benefit!

    ReplyDelete